Let's just get this out of the way; this series with the Brewers terrifies me. I have no idea how it can go any way but badly with the way the Pirates are playing right now. My head says that nothing can possibly be worse than last week's debacle, but I'm honestly not even positive of that.
Zach Duke matches up with Yovani Gallardo again tonight at Miller Park. You may remember Gallardo from such events as, "Striking out ten Pirate hitters in five innings." This is not making me feel less nervous.
Tonight the Bucs are debuting a new lineup with Andrew McCutchen at the top, Andy LaRoche in the two spot, and Akinori Iwamura dropped to the seven-hole. The first pitch is at 8:05. Clemente/Cangelosi is after the jump.
Not sure what this is? Check here and here. Short version: in the comments pick the Pirates you think will be most and least valuable in today's game. If you haven't jumped aboard yet, it's been a lot of fun through so far and now's as good a time as any to join in.
Games that Charlie Morton pitches are like inflation. Everyone that scored points got them by picking him as their Clemente and everyone that lost them lost points because they picked him to break out. The runner-up Cangelosi was surprisingly Andrew McCutchen, who's first inning double play (kind of) and caught stealing signficantly hurt the club while a few of his hits came late in the game, so they didn't help much. The Clementes were Andy LaRoche and Ryan Doumit.
Here are today's standings:
- dafletch: 16
- hwtrine68: 13
- hisjazziness: 12
- brian2: 9
- Wizard of Woz, UtesFan89, whygavs, North Shore Ryan: 7
- Carnegie Chip, bwzimmerman, Don_Madden: 5
- dboz, appeal2smail, Garrett122: 4
- TomKaikis, Joek, tylerrcurtis, TheJewelryMan!, fruitbat, IndianaJohns04, : 3
- PatrickHealy, edgeman2k, apk, Tate, MattB, SteelCity66, jac8, BadAndy, spazaru, TuckerD13: 2
- FSU Bucs, Christy, appeal2smail, SeanGentile, shsteimer, TheHulk: 1
- Everyone else: 0
- NSN, CoryR, Mosca, wk kortas, danatural, J Latrobe, Teflon, Nate: -1